Marine Corps Mustang Association, Inc.
P. O. Box 190, Quantico, VA 22134
This is the year to elect new leadership of the Mustang Association. We will hold elections for President, Secretary, Treasurer and five (5) Directors. Mustangs currently holding these positions have done so for three (3) and one-half years. It is now time that a new regime step-up and “Continue to March” toward keeping the Mustang Association moving forward.
The process for this election is outlined as follows:
- A candidate must be a member in good standing; dues being current.
- A candidate must be cognizant of the position description and willing to adhere (position descriptions are outlined in the Bylaws and continuity folders are available).
- All candidates must submit a 125-word (or less) statement to the position they seek including information on the candidate’s willingness to serve. This statement must be accompanied by a recent photo and e-mailed or postal mailed no later than July 1, 2018.
- Ballots for this election will be available to members via the MESTENGO and the MCMA website 30 days prior to the election. The ballot will consist of one page listing the open positions for election and the names of the candidates for each position. Mailing instructions will be included with the ballott. The ballot may also contain voting for approval of actions the Board of Directors and amendments to the Bylaws, whenever appropriate.
- The elections will take place at the Membership Meeting. The Secretary will announce the election results. The installation of the newly elected Officers and Directors will be held at the Muster Banquet.
An invitation is extended to interested candidates to attend the next Board of Directors’ meeting (via conference call) to be held July 14th, 2018 for the purpose for the purpose of gaining an understanding of the format and conduct of Board of Directors’ meetings. Additionally, candidates may request a copy of the continuity folder for each position. Send your request to the Secretary at my e-mail address below indicating which position you are interested in.
The term of office for the majority of current Officers and Directors will come to an end this year. It is time for a new regimen, new leadership!! I am seeking members to step up and lead us into the future. This is your Mustang Association, your interest should motivate you to serve in a leadership position.
I need a Few Good Mustangs to serve in these capacities. It is not “rocket science” and will require some time and thought, and does require a commitment to keep the Mustang Association alive and moving forward.
Ernest Johnson, President
P.S. Listed below are the current Officers and Directors of the Association. They are willing to answer any questions you may have about their roles and responsibilities and what would be involved you in taking over their position in the MCMA. Please reach out to them if interested.
Ernest Johnson – President / (804) 241-4939 /
Joseph Featherston – Vice President / (703) 599-7748 /
Treasurer – John Darracott / (360) 331-6160 /
Secretary – Tim Cook / (817) 800-3575 /
Director – Richard Sullivan / (978) 373-7003 /
Director – Herb Smith / (918) 342- 3105 /
Director – Mark Blaydes / (520) 723-0347 /